The Detroit Red Wings take on the St. Louis Blues inside Joe Louis Arena at 12:00 pm EST.
The Detroit Red Wings are not playing well as of late. They are not getting solid goaltending from either Howard or Mrazek, the defense is better at giving the opponent the puck rather than their teammates, and the offense cannot put the puck in the net. If the Red Wings are going to start turning things around for the playoffs, it will need to begin soon and it needs to start from their own zone.
The St. Louis Blues have struggled most of the season to find an identity in net, but now they have Elliott playing great hockey in net and giving the team a chance to win night in and night out, which will make life hard on the Red Wings, who have had trouble scoring of late. The Blues offense runs through Tarasenko and Steen, which means the Red Wings need to keep a close eye on them and keep them outside the dots.
- The Detroit Red Wings are 1-0-0 against the Blues this season.
- Stephen Weiss, Jakub Kindl, and Daniel Cleary should be healthy scratches tonight for Detroit.
- Johan Franzen has no timetable on his return to the Detroit Red Wings and his chances of returning at all continue to dim.
- Pavel Datsyuk has been out the last two games and his status tonight is up in the air. He was evaluated on Saturday, but there is no word on his return.
- With Pavel Datsyuk out of the line-up Riley Sheahan will continue to center Darren Helm and Tomas Tatar.
- Over the past two games without Pavel Datsyuk, the Red Wings have only scored one goal per game and it is time for the rest of the team to step it up.
- The Detroit Red Wings’ defense is struggling and it might be time for Mike Babcock to change-up the pairings.
- Neither Petr Mrazek nor Jimmy Howard have been playing particularly well, but most likely Howard with start tonight and Mrazek will back him up.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings are not playing well and because of that, do not expect a good outcome tonight. Blues win 3-2.