The Detroit Red Wings take on the Tampa Bay Lightning inside Amalie Arena at 7:30 pm EST.
The Detroit Red Wings seemed off kilter again in the loss to the Florida Panthers, which could have something to do with not having Pavel Datsyuk, but this team needs to find a way to win games regardless. The Red Wings have been struggling in every facet of the game since the trade deadline and some of that could have been attributed to the team needing to gel together, but that is not an excuse anymore.
The Tampa Bay Lightning bested the Montreal Canadiens on Monday and are getting get play from Ben Bishop in net, who has been tough to beat all season and will give Detroit almost no net. On offense, Steven Stamkos and Tyler Johnson lead the team in points and are the driving force behind the Lightning’s season.
- The Detroit Red Wings are 0-1-1 against the Lightning this season.
- Stephen Weiss, Jakub Kindl, and Daniel Cleary should be healthy scratches tonight for Detroit.
- Johan Franzen has no timetable on his return to the Detroit Red Wings and his chances of returning at all continue to dim.
- Alexey Marchenko was sent down to the AHL yesterday after being cleared to play.
- Pavel Datsyuk was out against the Panthers and will be out of the line-up again tonight.
- With Pavel Datsyuk out of the line-up Riley Sheahan moves up to center Darren Helm and Tomas Tatar.
- While Erik Cole drops down to the third line with Joakim Anderson and Teemu Pulkkinen.
- Petr Mrazek started last night for the Detroit Red Wings, which means Jimmy Howard with start tonight and Mrazek will back him up.
Prediction: There is nothing special about the Detroit Red Wings right now, but they have been solid in the second game of a back-to-back series. Red Wings win 3-1.