The Detroit Red Wings take on the Boston Bruins in Game Four action, at 8:00 p.m. EDT on FSD, TSN, and NBCSN.
The Red Wings need to take a good hard look at themselves and realize they need to play better. Jimmy Howard has been hung out to dry too many times by his defense, the power play has been horrendous, and they are not getting enough people in front of Rask. Everything could change for Detroit with a solid game, tonight.
The Bruins are chugging along on all cylinders and it does not look like they can be stopped. Tuukka Rask has been incredible in net, their defense is shutting down Detroit’s offense, and their offense has overwhelmed Detroit’s defense.
Henrik Zetterberg – Darren Helm – Todd Bertuzzi
- The Red Wings have a 15-21-0 overall record against the Bruins in the Playoffs and the Bruins hold the series lead two to one..
- Both team have been shutout in their first home game of the series, so if the trend continues it is Detroit’s night.
- Jimmy Howard was left out to dry again in Game Three, although he certainly wants the first goal he let up back because it was weak.
- Brendan Smith cannot seem to get away from the spotlight and even though he is playing well it is distracting him.
- Mike Babcock jumbled the lines in the third period of Game Three and will hopefully start today with a completely different line combination.
- Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar saw time next to Pavel Datsyuk and either would be a step up from what Johan Franzen has brought to the table, so far.
- Daniel Alfredsson should be back in the line-up again, while Henrik Zetterberg and Xavier Ouellet could make their postseason debuts, as well.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings Vs Boston Bruins game is an important one for both teams; a win for Boston put this series on the brink and a Detroit win evens up the series. 4-2 Red Wings victory.
[UPDATE] Henrik Zetterberg will be in the line-up today and Todd Bertuzzi is in for Tomas Jurco.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings