The Detroit Red Wings take on the Boston Bruins in Game Three action, at 7:30 p.m. EDT on FSD and NBCSN.
The Red Wings need to rework their power play because their special teams were the reason Detroit lost against the Bruins in Game Two. You could point to them getting knocked off their game, but not being able to score on six power play attempts is demoralizing and a waste.
The Bruins received another stellar performance from Tuukka Rask in Game Two and if Detroit is going to have a chance they will have to put bodies in front of him. On offense and defense, the Bruins will be looking to out-muscle Detroit on the boards, in front of the net, and after the whistle.
- The Red Wings have a 15-20-0 overall record against the Bruins in the Playoffs and the series is currently tied at one game a piece.
- In Game One there was only one goal score and in Game Two there were four, so it is anyone guess on how many goals will be scored tonight.
- Jimmy Howard did not receive a lot of help in Game Two and if the Red Wings are to have a chance the defense will have to step up in a big way.
- Brendan Smith was knocked off his game and will have to be better tonight.
- Mike Babcock jumbled the lines in the their period of Game Two and could start tonight with a completely different line-up.
- If most fans had it their way Johan Franzen would be moved off the first line and Gustav Nyquist would take his spot and there are no arguments I could make against it.
- If Franzen can get going it would be a huge boost for Detroit, but if not he is a waste of a roster spot on the ice.
- Daniel Alfredsson, Tomas Tatar, Riley Sheahan, and Gustav Nyquist have to step-up, as well.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings Vs Boston Bruins game is going to be a battle. 3-2 Red Wings victory.
[Update] Daniel Alfredsson will be out of the line-up due to his back acting up again.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings