The Detroit Red Wings start their NHL Playoff run against the Boston Bruins tonight, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings ended the season with a win against the St. Louis Blues and have had five days to get healthy and prepare for Boston Bruins. A lot will be expected of Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen, but it will be up to the Kids or Daniel Alfredsson to make the difference for Detroit.
The Bruins ended the season with a loss to the New Jersey Devils, but no one can forget their impressive run in March. Tuukka Rask will make like tough on the Red Wings’ shooters, while David Krejci, Patrice Bergeron, and Jarome Iginla makes life difficult on the defense.
- The Red Wings have a 14-19-0 overall record against the Bruins in the Playoffs and it will be the first meeting between these teams in the Playoffs since 1957.
- Detroit did win the season series against Boston, three to one, but the playoffs are a whole different animal.
- Johan Franzen made a few comments about his first job not being about scoring, but the Red Wings need him to score if he wants to be on the first line.
- If Franzen cannot do it, Gustav Nyquist should take his spot.
- Jimmy Howard will need to be the man for Detroit and best his play from last year if he wants a chance to hoist the Cup.
- Niklas Kronwall and the defense need to step up for Detroit by controlling the puck and not turning it over in their own zone.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings At Boston Bruins game will be a tough one for both teams as they will be feeling each other out. 4-3 Boston victory.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings