The Detroit Red Wings are on the road against the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight, at 8:00 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings picked up a big two points against the Sabres, but looked lackadaisical for most of the game, that will not fly against the Penguins. Gustav Nyquist hot streak is officially over after not scoring the past three games, but he could start a new one tonight.
The Penguins are 3-2-0 in their last five games and they have secured the first seed in the Metropolitan Division. Evgeni Malkin is still out of the line-up, but Marc-Andre Fleury is playing better in net and Sidney Crosby is always dangerous. The Red Wings will probably try to blanket Crosby with Luke Glendening and Danny DeKeyser again.
- The Red Wings have a 69-67-16 overall record against the Penguins and sport an awful winning percentage of only 31.6% against them in Pittsburgh.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 3-4-0 against the Penguins and this will be the final meeting of these teams during the regular season.
- The Red Wings are one and one this season against the Penguins and tonight’s game will decide who wins the regular season series.
- Tonight’s game could be a first round playoff preview, as well.
- Jimmy Howard played well against Buffalo, but it is a back-to-back night and Jonas Gustavsson could receive the start over him, tonight.
- Pavel Datsyuk picked up his first goal since returning from injury and it could be just what the doctor order.
- Drew Miller picked up his 100th career point on David Legwand‘s goal.
- Mike Babcock is now the winningest coach in Detroit Red Wings history after passing Jack Adam.
- Luke Glendening is a point per game player since signing his three-year extension… two games ago.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins game will be a tricky one for Detroit and one point clinches a playoff berth for Detroit. 3-2 overtime victory for Detroit.
[UPDATE] Jimmy Howard is out and Jonas Gustavsson will start. Joakim Andersson could play as well.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings