The Detroit Red Wings are on the road against the Buffalo Sabres tonight, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings were in the middle of a miraculous comeback against Montreal in their last game, but once the game was tied the Wings fell back into their bad habits and dropped two important points. The Red Wings cannot afford to sit back and the Kid Line along with Datsyuk and Nyquist will have to lead the way.
The Sabres are 1-3-1 in their last five games and continue to get bad breaks with their goaltending; Jhonas Enroth, Michal Neuvirth, and now Nathan Lieuwen are out. Matt Hackett will be the starting goaltender today and the Red Wings must take advantage of it.
- The Red Wings have a 50-53-13 overall record against the Sabres and sport an awful winning percentage of only 33.3% against them in Buffalo.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 4-1-0 against the Sabres and this will be the final meeting of these teams until next season.
- The Red Wings held onto a three to two victory against the Sabres four days ago and tonight the Red Wings can sweep the season series.
- Jimmy Howard is back in net against the Sabres and looking for his twenty-first victory.
- Hopefully, Howard will receive more help than Jonas Gustavsson received against the Canadiens.
- Pavel Datsyuk is back on the Wings’ first line and David Legwand has been dropped down to the third line.
- Luke Glendening picked up his first NHL goal against Montreal and hopefully he can continue to help the Wings offensively through puck possession or points, two areas he has struggled with.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings at Buffalo Sabres game should be an easy two points for Detroit, but they have to keep their eye on the prize. 4-1 victory for Detroit.