The Detroit Red Wings are on the road and will take on their Atlantic Division rivals the Montreal Canadiens tonight, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings once again received help from each line: the old guard was represented by Daniel Alfredsson, the middle guard by Darren Helm, and the young guard by Tomas Jurco were all able to pick up goals for Detroit. That will need to happen once again tonight, for Detroit to best Montreal.
The Canadiens are 4-1-0 in their last five games and one of those wins came against the Detroit Red Wings. Thomas Vanek and Carey Price have been incredible for Montreal and the Wings will have a lot of work to do to best those players.
- The Red Wings have a 232-305-96 overall record against the Canadiens and sport an awful winning percentage of only 32.2% against them in Montreal.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 4-2-0 against the Canadiens; this will be the fourth meeting and final meeting of the season these teams.
- The Red Wings bested the Canadiens in two of three games this season and will be looking to take the regular season series.
- Jimmy Howard had a decent game against the Sabres last night and will receive a well deserved rest, tonight.
- The Red Wings have had great success with Jonas Gustavsson in net and I do not expect Detroit to drop a beat tonight with him in-between the pipes.
- Pavel Datsyuk and Daniel Alfredsson were able to play last night, but will be reevaluated today to see if they are healthy enough to play in back to back games.
- If both players are good to go, then Joakim Andersson will once again be a healthy scratch.
- Gustav Nyquist‘s ten game point streak has come to a close, but as long as the Wings continue to win it does not matter where the goals come from.
- Both Columbus and Washington lost last night, which gives the Red Wings some breathing room in the standings.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings at Montreal Canadiens game will be a tough one for Detroit and could go either way. 2-1 overtime win for Montreal.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings