The Detroit Red Wings will be on the ice in Joe Louis Arena to take on the Buffalo Sabres tonight, at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings control their playoff destiny and can put themselves three points ahead of Columbus and four points ahead of Toronto with a victory. Gustav Nyquist is a ten game point streak, The Kid Line is on fire, and the Wings receive one of their superstars back from injury, so I have faith they can keep rolling along.
The Sabres are 1-3-1 in their last five games, both of their goaltenders, Jhonas Enroth and Michal Neuvirth, and scoring has not come easy for the Sabres. The Red Wings cannot count out the Sabres, though and they need to continue to attack at every opportunity.
- The Red Wings have a 52-53-13 overall record against the Sabres and sport a winning percentage of 63.6% against them in Detroit.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 6-1-0 against the Sabres and this will be the third meeting of the season and first of two meetings between these teams during April.
- The Red Wings have beaten the Sabres in both previous meetings this season, but have not seen them since November 24th.
- Pavel Datsyuk will be back on the ice for the Detroit Red Wings!
- He will be paired up with Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader and will most likely play on the wing.
- Daniel Alfredsson is dealing with back spasms and is a gametime decision. If Alfie can play either Joakim Andersson or Luke Glendening will be a healthy scratch.
- Jimmy Howard was solid against the Bruins and will have to keep that level of play up for the rest of the season if the Red Wings are going to make the playoffs.
- Both Columbus and Toronto won last night, which makes tonight’s game important for the Red Wings.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings vs Buffalo Sabres game could be a tricky one for Detroit, but they should be able to pull two points out of the game. 3-1 Red Wings victory.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings