The Detroit Red Wings will be on the ice in Joe Louis Arena to take on the Boston Bruins tonight, at 8:00 p.m. EDT on NBCSN.
The Red Wings are playing well as a team on both sides of the ice and against the Lightning everyone was able to contribute, something that will need to continue moving forward. The Red Wings will have their hands fun against the Bruins, but cannot sit on their heels; the Wings need to fore-check hard and attack the net.
The Bruins are 4-0-1 in their last five games and are tearing up the NHL. The Bruins only lost two games throughout the month of March, thanks to the remarkable performances in net by Tuukka Rask and Chad Johnson and the offensive output from Jarome Iginla and Patrice Bergeron.
- The Red Wings have a 265-255-95 overall record against the Bruins and sport a winning percentage of 62.3% against them in Detroit.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 6-1-0 against the Bruins and this will be the fourth and final meeting between these teams during the regular season.
- The Red Wings have beaten the Bruins twice this season, but have not played them since November.
- If the Wings fall to eighth place, then they will most likely play the Bruins in the first round. But if they stay in seventh, then they would not be able to see the Bruins until the Eastern Conference Finals.
- Pavel Datsyuk is a game-time decision for the Red Wings. If Datsyuk can return Tomas Jurco or Joakim Andersson will be scratched.
- Jonas Gustavsson received the start against the Lightning and had a great outing in net. He could be relied upon a couple more times before the season is over.
- We are in the final month of regular season action, the Red Wings are starting to get healthy once again, and every point is important… Let’s do this!
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings vs Boston Bruins game will be a rough for Detroit, but the Bruins are not battling for much and the Red Wings want to hold onto seventh. 4-1 Bruins victory.
On the hunt for Detroit Red Wings playoff tickets? Visit TiqIQ.com
Tags: Detroit Red Wings