The Detroit Red Wings are back inside Joe Louis Arena to take on the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight, at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings dropped three straight, but came back against the Maple Leafs to keep their playoff hopes alive. Darren Helm was able to treat everyone to curly fries, while Gustav Nyquist kept his point streak intact and both will be relied upon again today.
The Lightning are 3-1-1 in their last five games and looking to take Montreal’s second place spot in the Atlantic Division. Steven Stamkos and Valtteri Filpula have played well of late and will put a lot of pressure on the Red Wings defense, but the true test will be trying to get the puck past Ben Bishop.
- The Red Wings have a 25-8-2 overall record against the Lightning and sport an incredible winning percentage of 90% against them in Detroit.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 3-3-0 against the Lightning and this will be the fourth and last meeting between these teams during the regular season.
- The Red Wings have been bested three times this season by the Lightning and we are all hoping the fourth time is the charm.
- Darren Helm was able to pick up some Arby’s curly fries for everyone last night and the Red Wings hope to ride his hot hand again, tonight.
- Pavel Datsyuk and Stephen Weiss continue to practice with Detroit, but there is no telling when they will be game ready.
- Jimmy Howard was incredible for Detroit against the Leafs and I would not be surprised to see Detroit turn to him again, but Jonas Gustavsson has had a great season with the Wings and the team trusts him in net as well..
- The Wings’ defense played better against Toronto and Danny DeKeyser is growing before our eyes into an elite defender, but there is a lot of growth that needs to happen from everyone on the blue line.
- The Red Wings continue to sit in the second Wild Card spot after beating the Maple Leafs and now have a two point lead on the Capitals and Maple Leafs, while keeping two games in hand against Toronto.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings vs Tampa Bay Lightning game will be tough for Detroit, but they cannot drop four games against a division rival. 3-2 Red Wings victory.