The Detroit Red Wings are visiting Air Canada Centre to take on the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. Red Wings vs. Maple Leafs tickets from FanXchange.
The Red Wings have dropped three games in a row and are on the verge of seeing their playoff hopes slip away. The good new for Detroit is that Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar remain hot and continue to produce points on the ice.
The Maple Leafs are 0-5-0 in their last five games and are looking break out of their slump. James Reimer has not had the best time in net during his last few starts and if the Wings can get him off his game, then it could be a good night for Detroit.
- The Red Wings have a 335-335-93 overall record against the Maple Leafs and sport a decent winning percentage of 42% against them in Toronto.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 2-3-0 against the Maple Leafs and this will be the last meeting between these teams, possibly until nest season.
- The Red Wings beat the Maple Leafs at home, but lost on neutral ice in The Big House.
- Tomas Jurco was aggressive in his return to the ice against Montreal and the Red Wings are looking for him to continue to use his physicality.
- Pavel Datsyuk practiced with the Red Wings on Friday; there is still no timetable for his return, but practicing is a huge step forward.
- The Red Wings will continue to ride Jimmy Howard, who has been incredible between the pipes.
- The Wings’ defense needs to step up and give Howard the help he deserves; if they can do that, then the Wings will be flying high once again.
- The Red Wings still sit in the Wild Card due to having the ROW tiebreaker against the Capitals and Maple Leafs, but would be out of the Wild Card with a loss.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings at Toronto Maple Leafs game will have a huge impact on the playoff seeding. 5-1 Red Wings victory.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings