The Detroit Red Wings are back in Detroit to take on the Montreal Canadiens tonight, at 7:00 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings despite two losses in a row, on in overtime, the Red Wings still sit in the Wild Card and a win would push them back into the first Wild Card spot. The young guns are continuing to carry the Red Wings offensively, but if the Detroit wants to keep their playoff hopes alive, then the Wings’ first line needs to start putting up points.
The Canadiens are 4-1-0 in their last five games and the Red Wings are looking to cool off their hot-streak. Carey Price and Peter Budaj have gotten shelled with pucks, but are keeping the door shut tight in Montreal; if the Red Wings want to beat them they will need to play smart, but not fancy.
- The Red Wings have a 232-304-96 overall record against the Canadiens and sport a miserable winning percentage of 32.2% against them in Montreal.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 4-1-0 against the Canadiens and have one more game against them before the season is over.
- The Red Wings are two for two against the Canadiens this season and need to keep their winning ways going to make the playoffs.
- Mitch Callahan was assigned to Grand Rapids after the Wings’ loss. Mitch was credited with two hits and a turnover in his 9:01 minutes of ice time.
- Callahan was sent down because Tomas Jurco is making his return to the ice after suffering a broken rib.
- Pavel Datsyuk has started to skate, but there is no timetable for his return to the line-up.
- Jimmy Howard continues to play incredible in the crease and if the Red Wings could give him any type of support, then the games would be one-sided in the Wings favor.
- The Red Wings still sit in the Wild Card due to having games in hand against the Capitals and Maple Leafs, but could be on their way out if they lose.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens game is an important one for the Wings and a loss would be detrimental to their playoff hopes. 3-1 Red Wings victory.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings