The Detroit Red Wings are back in Joe Louis Arena against the Toronto Maple Leafs, tonight at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings are coming off of a bad loss to the Blackhawks and have only won two of their last seven games. That is not the record of a team that will make the playoffs and the Wings have a rough road ahead of them.
The Maple Leafs are 3-2-0 in their past five games and are looking to pull ahead of Detroit even further with a win, tonight.
Jakub Kindl – Brian Lashoff
- The Red Wings have a 334-335-93 overall record against the Maple Leafs and sport a solid winning percentage of 57.9% at home in Detroit.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 1-2-1 against the Maple Leafs and will be the first of two meetings against the Maple Leafs this month.
- The Red Wings lost to the Maple Leafs in the Winter Classic and will be looking to avenge that loss, tonight.
- Justin Abdelkader might not be able to play against the Maple Leafs and Brendan Smith is taking his spot on offense.
- Landon Ferrero has been called up to the NHL.
- Todd Bertuzzi could be out again and Landon Ferraro would play in his place if he cannot go again.
- Jonathan Ericsson and Niklas Kronwall need to be better defensively for Detroit, they have turned the puck over too many times in their own zone.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs is a big game and the Wings need these two points. 2-1 Red Wings victory.
Teemu Pulkkinen is a healthy scratch, tonight.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings