The Detroit Red Wings are on the road against the Chicago Blackhawks tonight at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings are coming off of a big shootout win and if they can pick up two more points they will be tying with eighth place Philadelphia and closer to the playoffs. The Red Wings will need to keep their mistakes to a minimum and keep attacking.
The Blackhawks are 2-3-0 in their past five games and are in third place in the Central Division. The Wild are five games away from tying the Hawks, so the Hawks will not be playing for much, but they will still be tough.
- The Red Wings have a 402-321-84 overall record against the Blackhawks and sport a decent winning percentage of 45.7% on the road.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 0-0-0 against the Blackhawks. Tonight will be the second and last meeting between these teams this season.
- The Red Wings beat the Blackhawks earlier this season five to four in the shootout and the Wings will be looking for another two points, tonight.
- Todd Bertuzzi did not practice yesterday and will not be in the line-up against the Blackhawks.
- In Bertuzzi’s place will be Jordin Tootoo, who was called up from Grand Rapids and could bring a lot of energy to the team.
- Teemu Pulkkinen or Drew Miller will be move up to the Wings’ third line.
Prediction: This will be a tough game for the Detroit Red Wings at Chicago Blackhawks, but if Howard plays like he did against Edmonton he could steal this one. 4-3 Red Wings victory.