The Detroit Red Wings are back in Joe Louis to take on the Edmonton Oilers tonight at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings are coming off two rough games in a row and are falling further away from last playoff spot in the East.The Red Wings will need to be smarter with the puck in their own zone and take advantage of the power play opportunities presented to them.
The Oilers are 3-2-0 in their past five games and while they are out of the playoff race they are looking to play spoiler against the Red Wings.
- The Red Wings have a 64-59-13 overall record against the Oilers and sport a winning percentage of 60.1% inside Joe Louis Arena.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 12-4-0 against the Oilers and tonight will be the second and last meeting between these teams this season.
- The Red Wings beat the Oilers earlier this season five to zero and will be looking to recreate the magic, tonight.
- Tomas Jurco broke a rib against the Blue Jackets and will be out for the next two weeks.
- Teemu Pulkkinen has been called up to the NHL and the Red Wings could use his hard slap shot on the power play.
- Jimmy Howard caught the flu and was not able to start against the Blue Jackets, but looks to be ready for tonight’s game
- In Howard’s absence, Petr Mrazek played decent against the Jackets, but did not receive a lot of help offensively or defensively.
- Jonathan Ericsson and Niklas Kronwall will have to be better over the course of the rest of the season.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings need to be resilient tonight, forget about their last couple games, and take the play to the Oilers. 3-1 Red Wings win.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings