The Detroit Red Wings are on the road to take on the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight at 7:00 p.m. EDT.
The Red Wings are coming off a rough afternoon game against the Rangers and should be ready for a rebound game. The Wings’ passing, skating, and defense will all need improvement if the team expects to leave Columbus with a victory, though.
The Blue Jackets have a record of 4-0-1 in their last five games and are hoping that their hot streak will continue, tonight.
Brendan Smith – Brian Lashoff
- The Red Wings have a 55-23-1 overall record against the Blue Jackets and spot a winning percentage of 63.8%, while at Nationwide Arena.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 15-9-0 against the Blue Jackets and they will face off against each other once more this month.
- The Red Wings beat the Blue Jackets earlier this season and will play them once more after tonight’s game.
- The Red Wings and Blue Jackets are tied in the standings at 71 points a piece, but the Blue Jackets are in possession of two tiebreakers against the Red Wings.
- A win tonight for the Blue Jackets would put them three points a head of Detroit, while a win for the Red Wings would put them back into eighth place and only a point behind Tampa Bay.
- Joakim Andersson fractured his ankle blocking a shot on Sunday and will be out of the line-up for 2-3 weeks.
- Cory Emmerton has been called up from Grand Rapids and will take Andersson’s spot on the fourth line.
- The biggest fault with the Wings’ is their defensive play; they were not able to bring in outside help at the deadline and must find a way to help out their goaltender.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets are looking for two points to keep their playoff hopes alive. It will be a tight one, 2-1 Blue Jackets win.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings