The Detroit Red Wings are on the road to take on the New York Rangers today at 12:30 p.m. EST on NBC!
The Red Wings came back from behind against the Devils in the second period on their way to a seven to four victory, but they cannot rely on goal output alone to make the playoffs. The defense was susceptible and will need to be tougher tonight against the Rangers.
The Rangers have a record of 2-2-1 since the end of the Olympic break and made a huge trade that sent Ryan Callahan, Big Tom Callahan’s son, to Tampa Bay and brought Martin St. Louis to the big apple.
- The Red Wings have a 274-222-104 overall record against the Rangers, but have not been able to win many games on the road. Winning percentage of 42.2%.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 2-2-1 against the Devils and tonight will be the last meeting of the regular season.
- The Rangers have bested the Red Wings twice this season.
- Jonas Gustavsson had a decent game against the Devils, but will not be in the line-up after suffering another groin injury. Do not be too surprised.
- Petr Mrazek has been called up by the Red Wings to be Jimmy Howard‘s back-up.
- David Legwand scored his first goal as a Red Wing against the Devils and picked up two assists. If he can continue to play well, then the Red Wings might have made out well.
- Legwand’s linemant, Gustav Nyquist picked up his sixteenth goal of the season and is now tied with Henrik Zetterberg for the most goals on the team.
- Do not forget that Nyquist spent a time in Grand Rapids before being brought up to Detroit.
- The Joakim Andersson, Todd Bertuzzi, Drew Miller line has played well and looks dangerous.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings can stay in eighth place with a win and gain more ground against the Leaf and Lightning. Wings win 4-1.