The Detroit Red Wings take on the New Jersey Devils tonight at 7:00 p.m. EST.
The Devils have a record of 2-1-0 since the end of the Olympic break and scored at least five goals in their two victories. Martin Brodeur will be in net for the Devils and the Wings can take advantage of that, but need to be smart and not allow any room on the ice for Jaromir Jagr to make plays.
- The Red Wings have a 41-40-11 overall record against the Devils, but only sport a terrible winning percentage of 36.7%.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 3-2-0-0 against the Devils and tonight will be the second meeting between these teams this season.
- Jonas Gustavsson had a solid first game back and the team has confidence in the Swedish netminder, which will be a great boost down the stretch.
- This is Jimmy Howard‘s team though, and he will need to be great if the Wings want to make the playoffs.
- Pavel Datsyuk is out tonight, his knee is inflamed and hopefully taking tonight’s game off means he will be ready to play on Thursday.
- With Datsyuk out of the line-up, Joakim Andersson will take over the center role between Johan Franzen and Gustav Nyquist.
- Todd Bertuzzi will re-join the line-up as well.
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings will be in a tough spot without Datsyuk, but if they play well defensively they could still leave New Jersey with two points. 2-1 Red Wings victory.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings