The Detroit Red Wings take on the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at 7:00 p.m. EST and it will be the last game for the Red Wings until the Olympics are over.
The Red Wings are playing well, scoring goals, and getting great goaltending from Jimmy Howard; but the defense has been suspect and they are taking bad penalties.
The Lightning are 1-4-0 in their past five games and will be without Valtteri Filppula, due to a non-displaced fracture in his ankle; but with Ben Bishop in net, anything is possible for the Lightning.
- The Red Wings have a 25-8-2 overall record against the Lightning and sport an away wining percentage of 70.5%.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 3-1-0-2 against the Lightning and all three loses have come this season.
- Joakim Andersson needs to step up his game because if he continues to underachieve on the ice he could loss his spot.
- Jonathan Ericsson had a rough night against the Panthers and it showed. Tonight, he needs to have a better game and lock down Martin St. Louis.
- Someone who did look good yesterday: Pavel Datsyuk. He did not take any face-offs, but he made a difference for the Wings on both sides of the ice.
- No one tell Gustav Nyquist that e is going to the Olympic yet because he has been on a tear recently and no one wants it to end.
- This is the 6,00th game in the history of the Detroit Red Wings!
Prediction: The Detroit Red Wings need to pick up any many points as possible and tonight is no different. Lightning win 2-1.