The Detroit Red Wings take on the Florida Panthers at Joe Louis Arena tonight at 5:00 p.m. EST.
The Red Wings have scored four goals in back to back games and they are finally getting healthy for the first time since the start of the season.
The Panthers and Tim Thomas have been a thorn in Detroit’s side this season. despite the fact that they cannot get steady scoring from any of their players and the fact that they have not been very good this season.
- The Red Wings have a 15-6-5 overall record against the Panthers and sport a wining percentage of 50%.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 3-3-0 against the Panthers, which includes the two losses and a win this season. Tonight is their fourth of five match-ups this season.
- Johan Franzen could return to the ice tonight and will most likely take Daniel Cleary‘s spot on the third line.
- With the return of Franzen and Daniel Alfredsson, plus the dominance Darren Helm has shown, the Wings’ third line could end up being their second line tonight.
- Patrick Eaves is another player who could be scratched by Detroit, but they would miss his excellence on the PK and his shot on offense.
- On defense, Jakub Kindl continues to be the scratch and with how the current defensemen has tightened up, he could be sitting in the press box for a while.
- Jonas Gustavsson has great for the Red Wings this season and through Jimmy Howard‘s struggles and injuries he has been a steady rock for Detroit.
Prediction: The Wings are looking impressive on the tice and with more starters coming back from injury it could mean greater things for the Wings. 3-1 victory for Detroit.
UPDATE: Daniel Cleary is a healthy scratch tonight.