The Detroit Red Wings are back at the Joe to take on the Los Angeles Kings tonight at 7:00 p.m. EST.
The Red Wings are coming off two one goal losses, which are tough for fans to take, but the silver lining is that Jimmy Howard looks to be back in form and the Red Wings are still hanging in there against tough teams without their regulars in the line-up.
The Kings are 3-1-1 in their past fives games, with the only loss in regulation courtesy of your Detroit Red Wings. The Kings will look to Kopitar and Carter to score goals, while Quick will be counted on to deny the Red Wings for a third straight game.
- The Red Wings have a 89-85-27 overall record against the Kings and sport a 58.5 winning percentage at Joe Louis Arena.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 9-7-0 against the Kings, which include the 3-1 victory against them last week in LA.
- Tomas Tatar returns to the line-up tonight against the Kings and the Wings could desperately use his scoring touch.
- With the return of Tatar, Mikael Samuelsson will once again be a health scratch, unless another Red Wing is mysteriously injured.
- The defense will remain the same for Detroit because Jonathan Ericsson is not ready to return from his injury yet.
- The Red Wings have the worst record at home, but they can start changing that tonight with a win.
- Henrik Zetterberg, Gustav Nyquist, and Justin Abdelkader need to make a difference tonight because since the creation of that line none of them have tallied a single point.
Prediction: The Red Wings will have a copy cat performance of their last game against the Kings. 3-1 Win for Detroit.