The Detroit Red Wings are in Toronto to take on the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight at 7:00 p.m. EST.
With HBO in the building it will be a big night for both teams and a lead up to the Winter Classic.
The Red Wings are coming off a victory over the Flames and are looking to continue their solid play into tonight’s game. The Red Wings big guns shined on Thursday, with both Daniel Alfredsson and Pavel Datsyuk having three-point nights, but tonight they will need other players to contribute.
The Leafs have had trouble scoring as of late, which could be good for Detroit because their scoring touch seems to be returning to them. But at the same time the Red Wings have had a tough time beating good goaltender and both Reimer and Bernier have been solid between the pipes as of late.
- The Red Wings have a 334-334-93 overall record against the Leafs and only have a 42% winning percentage in Toronto.
- Since 2010, the Red Wings are 1-2-0 against the Leafs and are 0 for 2 on the road. Tonight will be the teams first match up of the season and the Wings want to prove they are the better team.
- Tonight will be Jonas Gustavsson‘s first game against the Leafs and he will be playing even harder to secure a victory.
- Danny DeKeyser rejoins the line-up tonight and it looks as if Jakub Kindl will be watching from the press box.
- Even though DeKeyser is ready to return, the Wings might bring him along slowly and start him off on the 3rd pairing until he is back to form.
- Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader are looking to return to the line-up soon; Abdelkader could return as soon as Monday.
- Todd Bertuzzi was promoted to the 1st line on Thursday and Pavel Datsyuk started to look like his old self again, which led to a victory.
- At the end of the game, Tomas Tatar was moved up next to Datsyuk and Daniel Alfredsson was dropped down to the 2nd line.
- Tatar had a great game and was worthy of the promotion and Alfredsson brought some more skill to the 2nd line, but we will most likely see Alfredsson next to Datsyuk once again tonight.
Prediction: The Wings will put some distance between themselves and the losing streak by getting a 3-1 win tonight.