The Detroit Red Wings beat up on the Bruins tonight and the game was never close.
They did not hold back and fought through the physicality of the Bruins on their way to an 8 – 2 victory.
Now to the bullet points:
- Pavel Datsyuk was magnificent today, he had a four point night and a gorgeous breakaway goal.
- Jimmy Howard once again made some big saves early and was a steady presence for the Red Wings throughout the game.
- Thomas McCollum relieved Howard in the Third Period and did not look terrible, but there is a reason he was only signed to a Griffin’s contract next season.
- On the other side of the rink, Malcolm Subban had a rough night, his angles were off and he let a lot of weak goals in.
- The rest of the Wings top line was impressive as well, Henrik Zetterberg had a three point night and Justin Abdelkader chipped in a goal, while being a great net front player.
- Daniel Cleary and Tomas Tatar were elevated to the second line after Franzen and Alfredsson were scratched. Cleary potted a great goal and Tatar has a solid all around game,
- David McIntyre tried to put his mark on the game by getting into a kerfuffle with Torey Krug, but never got set and the fight did not last long.
- On defense, Danny DeKeyser once again proved that he is a NHL defeseman. He scored a beautiful goal, led the rush on a few occasions, and was solid in the defensive zone. DeKeyser and Jakub Kindl make a great pairing and could push Smith – Quincey to be the second pairing.
- Jakub Kindl left the game early do to a hip flexor issue, but Ken Holland stated that it was not serious.
- The Bruins showed themselves to be a dirty team tonight after tallying three boarding penalties. Because of this the Red Wings did not let up and took it to the Bruins on the scoreboard.
- The Wings were again solid on special teams and shutdown the Bruins power play, while scoring two power play goals themselves.
After another big win for the Red Wings, we see that being on TV makes them play that much better.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recap of the Wings preseason game against the Bruins. Take care and thanks for reading.
Tags: Detroit Red Wings