Lockout Related Issues
- The owners are the ranch, the players are the cattle, and the fans are…um…the crap from said cattle?
- According to the NHL, it costs 100x more to talk about the lockout than it does to slam Zetterberg’s head into the glass.
- Sadly, I’m not making that last part up.
- The NHLPA cares more about hash tags on twitter than anything else. Proof.
- Seriously, if you use “#ThePlayers” on twitter and aren’t mocking them, you have issues.
- Gary Bettman is an idiot (okay, we already knew that).
The AHL Is Going To Rule This Season
- The Grand Rapids Griffins will have Gustav Nyquist, Brendan Smith, and Tomas Tatar playing for them.
- The Oklahoma City Barons will have Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jordan Eberle on their roster. Holy crap they’re going to own.
- Brett Lebda signed a tryout in the AHL. Okay, so maybe it isn’t going to be the best hockey around after all…
- The AHL is going to have games soon! Man, I wish I lived closer to Grand Rapids.
The You Can Play Project Is Alive And Kicking
- One of my favorite hockey things, the You Can Play Project, has released more videos in the past couple of weeks.
- Patrick Burke and Brian Burke were honored by the Courage Campaign for their work to combat homophobia in sports. Well deserved.
- We still haven’t seen the Wings participate in this project, but they have been working with Defeat The Label, which also does great work.
- I guess Bettman isn’t a total moron, because he supports You Can Play.
- If you can play, you can play.
My Wings “Protest” Is Harder Than I Thought
- When I said I wasn’t going to wear any NHL or player related clothes for the duration of the lockout, I wasn’t kidding, but man, when 85% of your clothes are Wings clothes, this makes it difficult.
- I still plan on going through with it.
- Lockouts suck.
That’s all for now. Hope you are handling the lockout well. Yell at me on the Twitter(@KevinN37) if you want to see some anti-Samuelsson awesomeness. Until next time…
GET BACK TO THE TABLE, NHL AND NHLPA!