Gary Bettman Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-US PRESSWIRE

NHL makes new proposal to NHLPA

The NHL has made their second proposal for a new CBA.Their proposal is in response to the one that the NHLPA made earlier in the month.

Gary Bettman said that he was happy with the new proposal and that it was a step forward. However, Donald Fehr, head of the NHLPA said that it was neither better nor worse than the previous proposal.

Although no details on the proposal have surfaced yet a couple people believe that the NHL has lowered their expectations a bit and their current proposed share of revenue is 52% to owners while the other 48% go to the players. This is 2% higher than the last proposal which gave the players only 46%.

No one knows if this is true but if it is then progress is being made. Both sides are set to meet again tomorrow to continue talks.

If an agreement isn’t reached by September 15th Gary Bettman has said that he will lock out the players.

More to follow.

Next Red Wings Game Full schedule »
Sunday, Nov 22 Nov5:00at Buffalo SabresBuy Tickets

Tags: Detroit Red Wings Donald Fehr Gary Bettman

comments powered by Disqus